After the IPC, Farm Tours give you the opportunity to extend your learning and see Permaculture in action at the farms across different regions, climates and soils in India. Learn how our rural and urban permies metamorphosed their land into a green haven, the challenges they faced, and their victories and failures too. All of it straight from them.
Two kinds of Farm Tours are offered:
- “Telangana immersion”: the IPC India 2017 team will support your travel to the farms in Telangana and facilitate your stay (if available) between December 3 and December 7, 2017 (included). One to two farms will be visited each day including meeting with the local communities.
- “Do-it-yourself”: If you are traveling across other parts of the country after the Convergence, please get in touch with the farm owner directly to plan your visit. These farm visits are not limited to the farm tours dates Dec 03-07. Please do not visit any of the farms without making a reservation with the farm owner.
We will share the schedule and pricing information for the local (Telangana) farm visits soon. Till then, please have a look at the farm that are waiting to see you!
TELANGANA FARM TOURS
Please click on the map pin of a farm to get more details of the farm.
REST OF INDIA FARM TOURS
Please write to ipcindia2017 [at] permacultureindia [dot] org if you have any questions.
Showcase your farm during IPC India 2017
To enlist your farm on the farm tours happening from Dec 3 to Dec 7, 2017 and showcase it to the international permies, please apply through the form below after reading the following guidelines.
- Farm must focus on permaculture philosophy, ethics and principles. It must follow sustainable farming at large.
- We want to particularly focus on farms pan India and within a radius of 100 km of Hyderabad, our International Permaculture Convergence Venue.
- The farm owner will take complete responsibility for organising the tour (food, water and seating, if required). IPC will list all the farms on our website along with description highlighting the features and a picture/picture collage
- The farm tour owners can charge a nominal fee of Rs 500 or less for a full/half day visit of the farm.
- Please apply to showcase your farm by filling the form at the end of the page.
What's in it for you as a Farm owner?
- Listing of your farm on the IPC website.
- Reach to 2000+ and growing number users who like the IPC page on Facebook
- Mention on the various media like magazines, blogs, Twitter, Instagram, posters used by IPC to promote farm tours
Once you submit your application, we will review your application and get back to you in two weeks of submission. If you have any questions, please write to us at enquiries [at] permacultureindia [dot] org
Apply to showcase your farm at IPC India 2017