In addition to the main event
Edge events are events happening around the time of the IPC event. The intent behind hosting information of these events on the IPC website is to promote principles and teachings of permaculture and sustainable living in general.
The IPC website (http://ipcindia2017.org/) will host information of events that are selected through an application process. The IPC website will charge payment to event organizers and encourage the organizers to contribute more to the IPC event. The payments will be made through crowdfunding platforms chosen by IPC India 2017, FIPC and IPCC teams.
The following is the content along with guidelines that can go on the website.
IPC India 2017 is a joyful and fruitful event aimed at creating connections between people from varied walks of life and strengthening the permaculture movement in India and around the world. We want to expand this web connection beyond the IPC event. Therefore, we are collaborating with the permaculture network in India and internationally to identify avenues to inspire newbies and seasoned permies across the globe to join this wonderful movement. We want more and more people to know about the varied permaculture practices and their application.
Edge events will be events scheduled circa the IPC event focusing on the principles of permaculture. These events could be in the form of courses, workshops, lectures, permablitzs, visits and tours, lectures, discussions, etc. Let's connect with all the wonderful talent out there and gain knowledge from the best of permaculture designers, teachers and project leaders.
If you would like to showcase your event on IPC website, please go through the following guidelines.
- Events focusing on permaculture philosophy and sustainable living in general are highly encouraged to apply for selection.
- We prefer to host information of events that are at least for one full-day.
- We want to particularly focus on events scheduled in India, South Asia, and Southeast Asia as these regions are more easily accessible for the IPC event audience. However, we do not want to limit sharing information about events scheduled across the globe because connections happen everywhere!
- Events scheduled from July - December 2017 will be eligible for Edge events selection.
- Farm tours and visits scheduled post IPC Convergence (Nov 27 - Dec 02) also meet the selection criteria
- The event organiser will take complete responsibility for organising the event and creating all the material for its promotion. IPC will host the information of the event and redirect the participant to the event website.
- As part of our marketing strategy, we will promote your event on social media and similar other avenues.
- The selected Edge events will be charged a flat amount of ₹ 5000.
- The payment will be your contribution to IPC for hosting and promoting your Edge event on IPC website and marketing avenues identified by IPC India.
- This amount will be collected through IPC crowdfunding event scheduled in April and May and will be utilized in sponsoring a delegate or a speaker for the IPC event.
- Please fill the application form at the end of the page to apply as an Edge event.
What's in it for you as an Edge event organiser?
- Access to 1200+ participants from across the globe who will attend the IPC event
- Reach to 2000+ and growing number users who like the IPC page on Facebook
- Mention on the various media like magazines, blogs, Twitter, Instagram, posters used by IPC to promote Edge events
- You get to support a participant or a speaker who can bear the fruits of the IPC event
Once you submit your application, we will review your application and get back to you in two-three weeks of submission. If you have any questions, please write to us at enquiries [at] permacultureindia [dot] org
Submit your Edge event application now